Mission and Goals
The mission of the Developing Families Center is to meet the primary health care, social service, and child development needs of underserved individuals and childbearing and childrearing families through a collaborative that builds on their strengths and promotes their empowerment.
The goals of the Developing Families Center are to:
- Improve the health status of mothers, infants, and their families and to reduce infant/maternal mortality and morbidity.
- Enhance the physical, social/emotional, and cognitive development of young children.
- Improve the quality of family life and promote the empowerment of families.
- Improve community health and the quality of community life.
- Promote evaluation and replication of the collaborative model and adoption of the systemic changes needed for its successful implementation.
- Expand services to include primary and preventive health care for all community residents.